Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
The novel corona virus (COVID-19) is a rapidly evolving issue that impacts us all. At WUMe, we treat the safety of our patients and staff as our highest priority and can assure you we are taking every precaution possible to minimise the impact of COVID-19. Some of those measures may cause some inconvenience which we regret, but trust you will understand.
For patients, if any of the follow applies to you, please phone us before your appointment;
- experiencing symptoms such as fever, sore throat, coughing or other respiratory difficulties
- been in contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- returned from overseas in the past 14 days
We will ask you these questions when you make your appointment and again when you arrive for your scan.
The following precautions will apply when you come for your scan;
- Only one adult visitor (over 18) will be allowed to accompany the patient inside the scanning room. Please note that the Royal Women’s Hospital are currently not allowing any visitors into the building, so FPH patients will need to attend alone.
- We will ask all Patients and their accompanying visitors to wear a mask. We will provide a mask if you do not have one.
- We ask that Patient’s visitors remain in the waiting room until the scan, and that they do not congregate at the reception desk
- No children will be allowed inside the scanning rooms
- No recording or broadcasting from within the scanning room will be allowed. This includes the use of applications such as Facetime.
Although our Doctors and staff exercise the highest standards of disinfection and sterilisation at all times, we have implemented additional measures to further minimise the risk to our patients where appropriate.
We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding at this time. We will keep you informed as the situation changes.