Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
As we provide an essential clinical service, WUMe will remain open during periods of COVID19 lockdown.
At WUMe, we treat the safety of our patients and staff as our highest priority and can assure you we are taking every precaution possible to minimise the impact of COVID-19. Some of those measures may cause some inconvenience which we regret, but trust you will understand.
For patients, if any of the follow applies to you, please phone us before your appointment;
- experiencing symptoms such as fever, sore throat, coughing or other respiratory difficulties
- been in contact with someone who has tested positive to COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- recently returned from interstate or overseas
- recently visited a location listed on the Victorian DHHS website as an exposure site
- have tested positive to COVID-19
- are currently awaiting the result of a COVID-19 test
We will ask you these questions when you make your appointment and again when you arrive for your scan.
The following precautions will apply when you come for your scan;
- Patients will be asked to attend their appointments alone. Partners and visitors will not be allowed inside the scanning room during a Victorian Government mandated lockdown.
- Patients will be required to wear a mask at all times
- No children will be allowed inside the scanning rooms
- No recording or broadcasting from within the scanning room will be allowed. This includes the use of applications such as Facetime.
Although our Doctors and staff exercise the highest standards of disinfection and sterilisation at all times, we have implemented additional measures to further minimise the risk to our patients where appropriate.
We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding at this time.